Oil life indicator is crucial to let you know that the engine’s working effectively and efficiently. Most of the vehicles develop issues related to it after undergoing an oil change. The oil life maintenance light of your vehicle tells you about the condition of your engine. If it is not reset, your vehicle system may begin to malfunction, affecting the engine’s efficiency. Sometimes, this minor problem may cost big, and this is why you mustn’t overlook this issue.
If you take your car to the workshop for servicing, the technicians reset it after changing the engine oil, but sometimes they forget to do it. If you got your car serviced today and when you reached home, you noticed that your oil maintenance light wasn’t reset, you may get frustrated.
Now, in this situation, you have two options. Either you drive to the workshop again to get the job done or fix it yourself with the help of the proper steps. Chances are higher that you’d go for the second option, i.e., fixing it yourself.
Here in this article, you’ll get to know how to reset oil life on all models of the Honda Accord.
Methods to reset oil life maintenance light on Honda Accord (Stepwise)
The method to reset oil life is different for 2018-2021 models, 2013-2017 models, 2000-2012 models, and 1982-1999 models.
For 2018-2021 models (Latest generation)
The latest generation is the 10th generation of the Honda Accord. To reset the oil life in any of the latest models, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Turn the ignition to the “On” position. Don’t start the engine.
- Press the “Home” button.
- Using the Left Selector Wheel button, find the “Wrench” menu.
- Select the “Maintenance” menu
- Press and hold the Left Selector Wheel until reset mode appears on the Display.
- Scroll to select “All Due Items.”
- Now press the Left Selector Wheel to execute the oil reset. Your oil life should fully reset.
This is the way to reset oil life on the latest generation models.
For 2013-2017 models
Models that are dated between 2013 and 2017 come with two types of Display:
- Models with Info Display
- Models with Multi-Info Display
Models with Info Display:
Here are the steps that are supposed to be followed:
- Turn the ignition to “On” position but don’t start the engine.
- Press the “Select” knob to toggle the setting to “Engine Oil Life.”
- Press and hold the “Select” knob for 10 seconds until the display begins to blink.
- Now, release the knob, then press and hold it again for 5 seconds. The engine oil life should be fully reset.
So this is how you reset the oil maintenance light on the models with Info display.
Models with Multi-Info Display:
The steps for the Multi-Info Display are as following:
- Turn the ignition “On” without starting the engine.
- Use the “Up/Down” Info and “Sel/Reset” buttons to scroll and choose “Vehicle settings.”
- Scroll down and choose “Maintenance Reset.”
- Now choose the “Reset” option, and you’re done.
So, this is how you reset the oil light on models with Multi-Info Display.
For 2000-2012 models
There’s only one way to reset the oil life on all the models dated between 2000 and 2012. Here are the steps:
- Turn the ignition to the “On” position without starting the engine.
- Press the “Sel/Reset” stem until the Engine Oil Life appears on the Display.
- Press and hold “Sel/Reset” for good 10 seconds, and then release the stem.
- Press and hold “Sel/Reset” for 5 seconds.
- Now, turn the ignition “Off” and then turn it back “On” (again without starting the engine). That’s it.
This is the way to reset the maintenance light on all 2000-2012 Honda Accord models.
It’s essential to know about your model before you proceed to fix this issue.
For 1982-1999 models
The oil maintenance light issue also occurs in older models. Here are the steps that you need to follow if you’re using any of the 1982-1999 models:
- Turn off the ignition.
- Press and hold the “Select” and “Reset” buttons simultaneously.
- Continue to hold both the buttons while turning the ignition to the “On” position. Don’t start the engine.
- Still, continue to hold both the buttons for 10 seconds until the oil maintenance light is fully reset.
This is how you reset the oil maintenance light on older models.
So this was all about how to reset the Honda Accord oil light with the help of a few steps. It won’t take more than 7 minutes to resolve this issue if you apply the steps accordingly. Hope it was helpful to you.